Middle School > Grades 6 through 8
Our Middle School students celebrate diversity and enjoy a rich multicultural environment. Students come together for the U.S. Honors Core Curriculum classes in a dynamic and accelerated learning program. Our international educators challenge students in robust discussions, and results-based learning. Our experienced English speaking instructors are highly educated and well traveled. Small class sizes allow students ample opportunity to participate, while instructors personalize education plans for each student. Some students are preparing for high school in France, some are off to Canada, and many are eager to attend the best college preparatory high schools in Scottsdale and Phoenix – all are planning bright futures of university and beyond! The ISA Middle School will develop a plan which will motivate and challenge your child to meet their goals.
For over 20 years, ISA has been educating bilingual students in an academically and culturally rich environment. Our International Middle School embodies 21st century learning with modern technology, preparing students for college preparatory high schools. Our education blends concrete imagery with contextual, collaborative, and results-based learning. Small class sizes afford personalized learning plans in a progressive multilingual curriculum. Students select from the International Curriculum of Spain or France based on their personal goals.
When ISA Middle School students complete their respective three-year curriculum, they speak two or three languages fluently; they are culturally aware; they take educated risks; they are critical thinkers; they use technology as learning and presenting tools; and they have developed lifelong learning skills of 21st century demands.
International Middle School Highlights
- Preparing for College Preparatory & IB High Schools
- Academically Rich, U.S. Honors Curriculum > English, Saxon Math, Science, & Social Studies
- Advanced Foreign Language (Beginner - Advanced) in French, Spanish
- National Honor Society Pillars: Scholarship, Leadership, Service, and Character
- STREAM Project Based, Interdisciplinary Education: Science, Technology, Reading, Engineering, Arts, Saxon Math
- Global Thinking & LeadershipReal Life Exploratory Education
- Public Speaking
- Computer Science – Coding & Web Development
- International Educators with Advanced Degrees & Certifications
- Diverse Multicultural Community
- Tuition Scholarships for Qualifying Low & Middle Income Students
International Curriculum: 50 % English / 50 % French or Spanish
Accelerated honors program combining advanced foreign language instruction in a unique and progressive environment. This curriculum prepares students for the best college preparatory high schools in the United States and Canada.
- U.S. Honors Curriculum (English, Saxon Math, Science, Social Studies)
- Advanced Foreign Language > French & Spanish
- Electives: Computer Science, 3rd Language, Music, Physical Education, Exploratory
- International teaching staff: French, Spanish, American, German
- AdvancED Accreditation
- Member of NAIS and AAIS
Teachers are keenly aware of the Multiple Intelligences and seek out each child’s talents to improve overall performance!
Students will be considered for admission to this program based on academic records, a personal interview with the Headmaster and an entrance exam.
ISA Graduate Student Expectations:
- A discerning student who understands the importance of personal responsibility
- A self-directed, responsible, life-long learner who develops and demonstrates his/her potential
- An effective communicator who speaks, writes and listens honestly and sensitively, responding critically to others
- A reflective, creative and holistic thinker who solves problems and makes responsible decisions with an informed conscience for the common good
- A collaborative contributor who finds meaning and dignity in work which respects the rights of all and contributes to the common good
- A caring family member who attends to family, school and the wider community
- A responsible and global citizen who acts positively in society by promoting peace and justice
For more information about the French and Spanish curriculum, please visit the website of the French Ministry of Education / Le Ministère de l’Education Nationale (look in “Les In-structions Officielles”) or the Spanish Ministry of Education / El Ministerio De Education y Ciencia .